Welcome to the Dorchester County Public Schools Job Application Portal!
Thank you for your interest in Dorchester County Public Schools! A Champion for Students.
DCPS perpetually accepts applications through our website for all positions, and maintains the applications for one year from the date of receipt.
***This employment application is not compatible with Apple products.*** This employment application is best completed using Firefox as your internet engine.
Please be sure to add any attachments you want considered as part of your employment application at each screen of the application.
The mission of the Dorchester County Board of Education, in partnership with the community, is to provide leadership for excellence in teaching and learning for all students by: consistently advocating for resources, continuously developing sound policies, and carefully monitoring student progress.
The Dorchester County Board of Education hopes you will consider working for a strong educational team. Visit our website to learn more about our school system: http://dcps.k12.md.us
If you are interested in seeing our open positions, click on any of the View Postings links to the left.
To complete an application, click Register to create a username and password. Then logon and select the job posting to begin the application process.
For prompt processing, please include three references (with email addresses) and all work history.
If you don't have a teaching certificate, populate the requested certification fields with anticipated certification information. If requested to upload a teaching certificate, a blank document will suffice.
Please advise your references that they will recieve an electronic reference form via email.
If you would like to receive email notifications of new job openings:
- go to Posting Notifications,
- check "Notify me of new postings"
- complete the sections that apply.
When completing the application screens, please add any attachments you want to be considered as part of your employment application.
Highlights of the DCPS System are:
- There are 12 schools: two high schools, a career and technology center, two middle schools, six elementary schools, and a kindergarten through 8th grade school.
- There are approximately 4,700 students in the district.
- High schools offer a full College preparatory curriculum, as well as options in occupational skills.
- The Dorchester Career and Technology Center receives students from both high schools and offers programs in Culinary Arts, Masonry, Carpentry, Electrical Operations, HVAC, Collision Repair and Refinishing, Welding, Agriculture, Medium and Heavey Turck, Auto Technology, Cosmetology, Homeland Security, Cisco Academy, Interactive Media Production, Teacher Academy, and Medical Services.
- Computers are used throughout the system in individual classrooms, as well as strategically placed computer labs. There are courses in Technology Simulations, Keyboarding, Computer Applications, and Computerized Accounting. Every classroom has access to the Microsoft Office Products, as well as to the Internet.
- The Dual Enrollment Program with Chesapeake College offers the opportunity for students who wish to get started on their college credits.
- Family Support Services Resource Center for Families and Schools is designed to support children with disabilities from birth to 21. The center provides the skills and knowledge to enable families and children to understand the Special Education process.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.
Affirming equal opportunity in principle and practice.